Truths About Toe Walking
BELOW ARE SOME USEFUL AND HELPFUL TRUTHS ABOUT TOE WALKING!!
Helpful Truths about TOE WALKING
- Toe walking is not a sign of strong calf muscles. Regardless of the advice you may get from family or friends,
2.This could possibly be a sign of a weak core muscles.
- Children who are unable to walk with flat feet will not “grow out of” toe walking.
- It may be the body’s way of compensating for a lack of balance which is the body’s way of knowing where it is in space.This may indicate some difficulties in processing sensory.
- It can also be accompanied by speech delays. This might suggest that it’s not a problem at the joint itself but rather at the level of the brain.
- It can be a result of muscle shortening or weakness caused by the overuse of baby devices and equipment that limit free movement and correct postures.
TOE WALKING CONTRIBUTING FACTORS
-Neurological diagnoses such as Cerebral palsy, brain trauma at birth, lack of oxygen at birth will contribute.
-A Delay in Development
-Disorders in Sensory Processing
– An overuse of baby-related equipment that limit free movement such as baby sitting devices and walking rings.
WHEN DO YOU GET HELP FROM A PHYSIOTHERAPIST
-When you notice that your child toe walks and shows any other difficulties
-When your child toe walks at least 50% of the time
-When your child is unable to walk flat-footed at all.